Retail & Office Roofing
Strip malls, office buildings, shopping centers, large malls, mixed-use facilities, restaurants and superstores offer unique challenges for professional roofers and retail property owners. A leaking roof can mean huge potential losses to inventory as well as a danger to customers and employees. In addition, certain types of businesses may cause more than normal wear and tear to roofing materials. Chemicals from dry cleaners or exhaust from restaurants can be extremely hard on roofs. Roofing Southwest provides roof repair and routine maintenance, as well as roof inspections, which can extend the life and reduce overall maintenance to retail roofing.
Retail Roofing Material Options
Retail establishment use all types of architecture and can there utilize any and all the roofing material types. Each type of material has its advantages and disadvantages. Ideally, property owners should consult a professional roofer to help decide what type of material works best for their property. This is especially true for businesses whose day-to-day operations cause more than normal wear and tear of roofing materials.
- Built-Up Roofing (BUR): Built-Up roofing consists of multiple layers of material that are laminated together.
- Spray Foam: Spray polyurethane foam (SPF or just foam) is applied as a liquid (which puffs up once applied), it forms a continuous, seamless, protective barrier around vents, pipes and other protrusions through the roof.
- Modified Bitumen: Modified Bitumen (MB) is asphalt with modifiers added to it to give it plastic or rubber-like properties making it much more durable.
- Singly Ply Roofing: Single ply roofing membranes (sometimes referred to as PVC or TPO) is comprised of four basic elements — an insulation layer, a single ply membrane usually made of plastic or rubber, flashing and an adhesive.
- Metal Roofing: While not an ideal solution for absolutely flat roofs, metal roofing is terrific for low slope roofs. Typically made of steel, aluminum or copper, metal roofs can also be extremely attractive.
- Tile Roofing: Clay, terracotta, ceramic, concrete and slate tiles are extremely durable and add architectural grace and beauty to multi-family dwellings.
- Asphalt shingles: Asphalt shingles are the most common form of roofing material used in the United States, primarily because they are so affordable.
- Shake: Wood shakes (more commonly referred to as cedar shake or cedar shingles) can actually be made from any type of wood. Shake roofs offer a natural, classic look with plenty of character and charm.
Minimize Business Disruptions
Roofing Southwest has 40 years of experience helping retail property owners minimize business disruptions. We think about the issue of convenience when making repairs including customer safety and parking lot access. In addition, we guarantee quick response times, including a 24-Hour Emergency Service and timely repairs using the highest quality materials. However, we strongly recommend that proper roof maintenance can avoid property loss and unhappy customers. We offer a variety of flexible maintenance contracts and schedules. In addition, Roofing Southwest offers a no-cost evaluation to review maintenance or repair needs.
Our Professional Track Record
Roofing Southwest is proud of its professional track record working with large retail organizations including: CityScape (Downtown Phoenix), Paradise Valley Corporate Center, Southern Wine, Symphony Hall and many more. Because we are used to working with large companies with large roofing areas, we can mobilize quickly and provide needed materials at a moment’s notice — a challenge that smaller roofing companies may not be able to meet.
Commercial Roofing across lower 48 states & Residential Roofing in AZ & NV
Free Roof Inspection
General Roofing Information
Service, Repair & Replacement
- Built-Up (BUR)
- Modified Bitumen
- Roof Asset Mgmt